The Careers team at Euroa Secondary College are dedicated to working with students and their families to ensure great pathways and career outcomes for all of our students. All of the staff in the careers office are committed to keeping up with what is happening in career development for young people. We have a dedicated careers website which has lots of information for students.
- All students in Year 9 to 12 undertake a Managed Individual Pathways (MIPs) Plan. A broad and wide array of career related activities and events are planned, organised and attended by our students ranging from Year 7 to Year 12 in the Pathways program run throughout the year in home groups.
- At year 9 students participate in careers week and develop a career portfolio as well as having the opportunity to attend career days in health and food/fibre (agriculture).
- At year 10 students all undertake a careers class for one semester, work experience, mock interviews Vocational Education and Training (VETis) and the Careers Day Out excursion.
- At year 11 students have the opportunity to attend a number of career development excursions such as careers expo, university days and continue in VET and can commence a school based apprenticeship.
- At year 12,students are all interviewed at least twice to help them develop a career plan, with the aim of ensuring all students are linked to or aware of the requirement to be in employment, education or further training. Students attend the tertiary information session and work shops on how to apply for tertiary study. Excursions to careers expos, accommodation options and universities are also run in term 3.
A career newsletter can be emailed out fortnightly to all senior students and families.
Euroa Secondary College students are able to attend a VET course during year 10 through to year 11 or year 12 if they wish.